Welcome to the Credit Coalition
Empowering consumers through financial and homebuyer counseling and education.
713-224-8100 or 866-346-8100 Contact Us Class Locations

Fair Housing & Legal Issues

The Texas Workforce Commission (“TWC”) is the entity responsible for enforcing the Fair Housing Act in the State of Texas. You have one year after an alleged violation to file a complaint, but you should file it as soon as possible. The following information will be requested:

• Your name and address
• The name and address of the person your complaint is against (the Respondent)
• The address or other identification of the housing involved
• A short description of the alleged violation (the event that caused you to believe your rights were violated)
• The date(s) of the alleged violation

Complaints can be filed by email, fax, phone call, hand delivery or mail:
Texas Workforce Commission: Civil Rights Division
1117 Trinity Street, Room 144-T
Austin, Texas 78701
(888) 452-4778 or (512) 463-2642
TTY: 512-371-7473
Fax: 512-463-2643
Download the TWC Complaint Form (www.twc.state.tx.us).

Filing a Complaint with HUD
To file an online complaint with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”), or to access the HUD complaint form in Spanish, Arabic, Cambodian, Chinese, Korean, Russian, or Vietnamese, visit the HUD FHEO page (hud.gov) or contact the Local HUD Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (“FHEO”) office in the State of Texas:

Fort Worth Regional Office of FHEO (HUD Fair Housing Hub, Fort Worth, TX)
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
801 Cherry Street, Unit #45, Suite 2500
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
(817) 978-5900 or (800) 669-9777
TTY (817) 978-5595

U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (Houston)
Phone: (713) 718-3199 Fax: (713)718-3255
TTY: (713) 718-3289

Greater Houston Fair Housing Center 713-641-3247

Gulf Coast Community Services Association: Fair Housing 713-393-4700

Office of the Texas Attorney General
PO Box 12548, Austin, TX 78711-2548
800-252-8011 or 800-621-0508

Lone Star Legal Aid: If you meet the low-income requirements, this is a free service.
(713) 652-0077

The Center for Consumer Law – University of Houston Law Center:
Community Outreach Program 713-743-2168 www.peopleslawyer.net
The Peoples Lawyer Consumer News Alert:  http://www.peopleslawyer.net/newsletter/homepage.asp

Texas Consumer Complaint Center: http://www.texasccc.com 1-877-839-8422

Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program: Legal Services Intake Line 713-228-0732

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): http://www.consumerfinance.gov
Consumer Help – 855-411-CFPB (2372)

You may contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau by

Mail: P.O. Box 4503, Iowa City, Iowa 52244
Telephone: (855) 411-CFPB (2372)
Español: (855) 411-CFPB (2372)
TTY/TDD: (855) 729-CFPB (2372)
Fax: (855) 237-2392

To file an online complaint: www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint

Are you a Victim of Fraud?
If you have become or are likely to become a victim of fraud, you may add a fraud alert by calling the Fraud Victim Assistance Department toll-free at 800-680-7289.

You are now leaving Credit Coalition

Our Service contains links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Credit Coalition. Credit Coalition has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Credit Coalition shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.

You will be redirected to

Click the link above to continue or CANCEL