Benefits of completing The Fundamentals of Good Credit Course
The following rewards and benefits are available to those participating in and completing this program:
- Receive your individual credit report and a complete explanation and understanding of it.
- Develop a personal financial plan.
- Improve financial management skills.
- Acquire an understanding of the credit-evaluation process.
- Understand banking in general and acquire an awareness of the special products that banks offer to accommodate lower-income or low-activity accounts.
- Have an opportunity to develop a relationship with a banker who will appreciate the value of the course.
- Feel less intimidated the next time you go to a bank.
- Get information about area financial institutions that recognize the FOGC program and are interested in participating in graduates’ re-entry into the credit mainstream.
- The completion of the FOGC course will satisfy the homebuyer education requirement for many area Down Payment Assistance Programs.
- The completion of the FOGC course will satisfy the credit education requirement for Covenant Community Capital’s IDA Program.